Featured Post

400+ Miles for Breast Cancer Now

AKA Your husband is doing WHAT in the UK this summer?! For those of you who don't know why I'm going to the UK this summer with my...

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Huzzah!

March 2014

Let the Icelandic vacation planning begin!  After many long months, I finally, finally have a travel companion!  No more conversations like this:

Me:  "So... about the summer trip..."

Erica:  "You mean to Iceland?"

Me:  "That's the one."

Erica:  "What about it?"

Me:  "Are you still going?"

Erica:  "Yeah."

Me:  "Have you bought a ticket yet?"

Erica:  "No, but I will.  I've been busy.  I don't know why you want me to buy my tickets so early anyway."

Me:  "I don't think four months out is that early but whatever...  Have you even bought a travel book?"

Erica:  "No, I have other books I needed to buy."

Me:  "Right...because if you can't to go, it's ok.  I don't mind going by myself.  I'll be fine."

Erica:  "I'm going!"

Me:  "Uh-huh..."

And no more conversations like this:

Me:  "She still hasn't bought a ticket, Mom."

Mom:  "I'm sure she will."

Me:  "But we're only four months out!  I've had my tickets for months and months already!  

Mom:  "Why do you need her to do it so early anyway?"

Me:  "It's not that early!  And it's so I can start planning.  We're going during high tourist season so things are going to start filling up and getting reserved, which I know from reading the travel book unlike some people..."

Mom:  "Ok, I'll talk to her.

Later...

Me:  "So, did you talk to her?"

Mom:  "Yes."

Me:  "And...?"

Mom:  "She's going."

Me:  "Based on what?!  Did she buy a ticket yet?"

Mom:  "No, but she's been busy.  But she said she will."

Me:  "Augh!"

But that's all behind us now because...

obviously not the real boarding pass but you get the point!



And as happy as I am that I will not be subjected to Skyr and fermented shark meat all by myself, I am sad to report that my friend Chevon will not get to enjoy (or choke down?) those things with us.  She was planning on accompanying us but, due to a death in the family, now that won't be possible.  :(  However, I plan to make it up to her by bringing back copious amounts of scary Icelandic neon rocket fuel/alcohol!  :D











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Feel free to share this post.