Featured Post

400+ Miles for Breast Cancer Now

AKA Your husband is doing WHAT in the UK this summer?! For those of you who don't know why I'm going to the UK this summer with my...

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Where Are You Now?

Also January 2014

A few years ago - ok, eight - back when all the social networking sites were still jockeying for position, before Facebook shanked them all in a back alley and made them into skin suits, I accepted every questionable friend request on every fly-by-night social network.  Yep, I had them all - Multiply, MySpace, Yahoo!_360, Friendster, Facebook, LinkedIn, Orkut, some others I can't remember, and... WAYN?  From what I can tell, WAYN (Where Are You Now), is a foreign mail-order bride/international hook-up site.  To each his/her own, I guess.

After years of ignoring mesages like "Petr would like to explore Seattle with you" from WAYN in my email inbox, with a multi-country trip looming, it dawned on me that maybe I should embrace the crazy and make it work for me.  For once.  So I re-upped my password, revamped my profile pic, attempted to remove my real name, and dove in!  After posting sincere travel questions interwoven with a vague itinerary, I was pleasantly surprised to get some thoughtful and helpful responses - and, thankfully, only one "The only destination you need to worry about is my bed!"  Delete.  [Future WAYN posting notes:  Any/all posts/questions need to include, "My husband and I..." or "The hubby and I..." or at the very least "The ol' ball and chain..."]

Marriage proposals aside, I think my gamble paid off and I've learned things about the UK that I hadn't picked up on from the travel guides:  public tranporation options, possible destinations and even some Scottish slang.  According to Ewan, a "brolly" would be a good thing to bring on my trip because things could get wet.  Hmm... Ewan, I really hope that you're referring to rain jackets and thunder storms.  :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Feel free to share this post.