Featured Post

400+ Miles for Breast Cancer Now

AKA Your husband is doing WHAT in the UK this summer?! For those of you who don't know why I'm going to the UK this summer with my...

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Car Hire: Higher & Higher

Car Hire: Higher & Higher
It turns out that hiring a car was higher than I expected.  And since I wasn't expecting to hire a car... ugh!  Well, I knew that there would be some car hire happening but I was hoping I could put it off until the third or fourth country visited.  No such luck.  With that in mind, I feel that it is only fair for me to provide the following public service announcement to the United Kingdom:

People of England and Wales, take heed!  I will be criss-crossing through your lands like a soccer mom with a broken GPS who's late to the game and not sure what side of the road to drive on (because that's essentially my life anyway!) so please do us all a favor and move aside when you see me coming and don't curse me too badly. I promise to ingratiate myself to you with my effected yet believable southern charm!  

While I'm cheaping out and planning to make my 10 year old ride on top of the luggage, does anyone know if US GPS devices work in UK rental cars?  Enquiring/frugal minds want to know! :D

Btw, notice anything odd about the daily price and the total?  Considering that my rental period was only for five days and not ten?! :P The UK knows I'm coming and is already out to get me - and hopes I can't count. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! This vacation is getting rather expensive. I hope you can find a good deal on car rentals.
    Bunches of love, Aunt Bonnie
    P.S. Would it be cheaper for one of your friends to rent a car for you over there instead of trying to rent a car internationally?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Feel free to share this post.