Featured Post

400+ Miles for Breast Cancer Now

AKA Your husband is doing WHAT in the UK this summer?! For those of you who don't know why I'm going to the UK this summer with my...

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Packing Wars: Part þrír*

Doing the right thing is overrated.  

I'm trying so hard to do the right thing (i.e. pack early).  So hard!  Here I am a week out from the trip and I'm already buying travel-sized toiletry items - and spending ridiculous amounts of money doing so may I add!  I'm encasing everything in Ziploc bags, and, most importantly, I'm actually packing.  I've broken out multiple suitcases, duffel bags, and backpacks from their hiding places and am auditioning them, if you will, to see which is going to be the most amenable to this excursion.

First, the good news:  I have three items packed!  Yay!

And now for the bad news:  This is what three packed items in my suitcase looks like!  Augh!

*hyperventilating*
*deep-breath-deep-breath-deep-breath*

And now for some more slightly good news:  This is what my huge heavy winter coat looks like in its Ziploc Travel Bag!  Yay!

As long as I can wear this, my hiking boots, and a sleeping bag 
wrapped around me for the entirety of the trip, I am set!  

So as I am contemplating packing for three weeks, three countries, two different climates, and two different traveling modes, this is what my husband posts on Facebook:

Mentally pre-staging for the Scotland and England trip:

"I'll be gone two weeks, so that's ... 3 pairs of shorts, a couple of race shirts, socks, underwear and running gear. DONE."


Yeah, Marti's probably gonna kill me when she reads this. 

 No one will blame me if we don't make it to the 11th anniversary, right?  ;) 


* þrír is Icelandic for three.

1 comment:

  1. Love you, sweetie! And don't worry, with a little hard work and dedication, one day you'll be as efficient as me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Feel free to share this post.