Featured Post

400+ Miles for Breast Cancer Now

AKA Your husband is doing WHAT in the UK this summer?! For those of you who don't know why I'm going to the UK this summer with my...

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Packing Wars: Part Tveir*

The games have begun...

In case you didn't read my first post about packing for vacation or you did but you didn't fully understand the message that I was trying to convey, let me be very clear:  I HATE PACKING!  To me, it's the most nerve-wracking part of the trip.  Let me just give you a glimpse into my vacation thought process:

Spending hours crammed in a tiny seat while flying across the ocean?  Sounds peachy!  Figuring out how to take public transportation in country where I don't speak the language?  Piece of cake!  Deciding between the rain poncho and the evening gown?  Omg, omg, OMG!  How am I supposed to know whether it's going to rain or if I'll be invited to a formal dinner while I'm there?!  Augh!  Just pack it all!

I'm not proud of my "condition" but I have learned to live with it over the years.  Most of my recent travel has been in the car and you can really shove a lot in the nooks and crannies of a car so my last minute overpacking has gone largely untreated.  (Did you know that you can shove an entire collection of sandals underneath the seats of a 4 door car if you really try?)  But all good things must come to an end.  With this long international trip coming up, I knew that I was going to have to face my fears and do some early packing.  And that's why I am so excited to show you what I've been working on today!  Tah-dah!  A nearly completely-packed suitcase!  



What's that you say?  Why is the mesh pouch full of what looks like Angry Birds underwear?  Um, well, it's certainly not because this is Eamon's suitcase... No, really!  *sigh*  Ok, that is Eamon's suitcase and this one is mine.  




Hey, at least I have one thing in there!  That's a personal best for me. ;)

*Tveir is Icelandic for two

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Feel free to share this post.