Featured Post

400+ Miles for Breast Cancer Now

AKA Your husband is doing WHAT in the UK this summer?! For those of you who don't know why I'm going to the UK this summer with my...

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Armful of Countries

Just in case my last post didn't fully convey the wanderlust saturating my very DNA, I offer you one final bit of proof.  My dad criss-crossed the world during his Navy days (and after) and he loved to share his travels by bringing back amazing souvenirs.  

Below is a picture of the charm bracelet he created and brought back to his baby sister, our awesome Aunt Bonnie, who very graciously gifted this to my sister and I.  He even wrote a list of the countries that each charm represented, all of which he visited.  (The UN flag charm from NYC in between France and Italy didn't make the list though)  


Italy?  Check!  Greece? Check!  Spain?  Check!  
Guess I'll have to add the others to my bucket list!  ;)  
(And from that list, Erica's been to France, Greece, and Spain)  

And this is his list of currency exchange rates (mid 1960's rates) so that 
he'd be ready for shore leave in whatever port they hit. 



1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! Feel free to share this post.